Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good Luck 2011, You Have Big Shoes to Fill

I have to be honest, I'm a little nervous about 2011. 2010 was such a big year, how can 2011 compete? In 2010 I:

1) Finished my Master's degree! After 18 months of not having a life, being chained to my computer, and stressing about assignments, I did it!! It feels so good not to have homework anymore! I get to read a book, just for fun, and not worry that I should be reading a textbook. Amazing!

2) Got a new job! How amazing is it to wake up in the morning and not hate the thought of going into work? Pretty amazing. And going to work and not being brain numb all day? Even more amazing! Getting out at a normal hour? Awesome! Working from home once a week? Best ever!

3) Got married!! What could top this?? At the end of 2009 I never would have thought that I would be spending the end of 2010 with Steve as my husband (I also didn't think I would spend it having a Star Wars marathon, but that's another post...). He has put up with me for almost six months (if you ask him, he'll say that he's put up with me a lot longer than that!) and every day I am amazed by him. His kindness, patience, sense of humor and innate goodness never cease to amaze me. I look at him sometimes and wonder how in the world I got so lucky. I'm so happy that he is mine to keep forever!

While 2010 is going to be hard to top, there are a few thing I will not miss! The angst of planning a wedding. The stress of trying to finish assignments and get them in on time. The many marriage pounds I have gained. The struggle the first few months of marriage, trying to put two lives together to make one. The suffocating feeling that I am failing at everything.

So here's to you, 2011. I promise to do my best to make you even better than 2010!

1 comment:

jennifer~the stylish housewife said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like you a had a FAB year! I feel the exact same way...we finally bought our dream home after three years of searching and had our first baby so 2010 was pretty awesome! It's gonna be hard to top =) Happy new year to you!

P.S. I responded to your comment on my blog re: the manicure too =)