Sometimes I feel like I am too blessed, like I should give away some of my happiness because I have too much. Thinking about all the suffering in the world, all the people hurting, and all the people who want just what I have, makes me grateful. Sometimes I am awed at how kind the Lord is to me.
Sometimes, I wonder why life can't go my way. I want to control everything. I want to be able to define things, to put a nice neat label on them so I can understand them. Sometimes I yearn for the things I don't have.
Sometimes, I am awesome. I am on top of things. I get to work on time, and my hair looks good, and I have a healthy lunch packed. I am kind to others, I keep my house clean. All my bills are paid on time.
Sometimes, I suck at life. I struggle just to get out of bed. I only think about myself. I speak unkindly to people that I love the most. Things that should be easy, I make hard.
Sometimes I forget that life has it's highs and lows. I want every day to be sunny, but I forget that without the rainy days, nothing would grow. Sometimes I remember that the low points only make me appreciate the highs that much more.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
I'm not the most patient person. When I want something, I want it now. That's what caused all my credit card debt in my early 20s... (Man, I feel old, I can actually talk about my EARLY 20s!) Since my life consists mostly of waiting right now, I have come up with a few things to do when you Just. Can't. Wait. Anymore!!
- Play the piano
- Call someone
- Write rambling blog posts
- Clean something
- Watch TV
- Read a book
- Scrub something with an old toothbrush
- Clean out your closet
- Get on Pintrest
- Go for a run
- Bake something
- Add things to your Amazon wish list
- Balance your checkbook
- Take a nap
- Do some yoga
- Reorganize your kitchen cupboards
- Try to do long devision in your head
- Try a new makeup look
- Write angry letters to businesses
- Drink some water
- Edit Wikipedia articles
- Change your voicemail message
- Paint your nails
- Play Just Dance on the Wii
- Start a new sewing project
- Become a Dr Pepper expert
- Rearrange the furniture
- Take a walk in a park
- Vacuum the couch
Sunday, January 1, 2012
I finally narrowed down my huge list of things I wanted to accomplish this year to two actual New Years Resolutions.
- Establish routines for cleaning the house. Our house never really gets that dirty, there are only two people living here, but I never feel like I am really on top of things. I am going to start with small morning and night routines, and add one thing every few weeks until I get where I want to be.
- Become and extreme couponer. I'm already starting to get frustrated with this. I ordered the Sunday paper a few weeks ago, but it STILL hasn't come. I'm tired of calling the newspaper company every Monday to complain... If it doesn't come in the next two weeks, I am going to take it as a sign that it isn't meant to be and forget it!! I know there are other ways to get the Sunday coupons than by getting the paper delivered to my house, but I am lazy, and I don't have time to go searching for them...
I was really leaning toward running 520 miles, but I decided that I am just hitting my stride (pun totally intended) with running, and I don't want to put a lot of pressure on myself to run a set amount and not make it fun anymore. If couponing doesn't work out, I'm going to go with trying one new things from Pintrest every month!