Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Was Great!

I read today that in addition to making resolutions for the new year we should celebrate the good things that happened in the previous year. 2008 was such a huge year for me, I have so much to celebrate!

1) I moved to San Antonio. This was not only a defining moment of the year, I think it will be a defining moment of my life. I am SO happy here.

2) I have increased faith in the Lord, that He is there for me, and has my best interest at heart. I have learned to not worry about things, I just have to work as hard as I can, and somehow things always work out. So many times I have had so many things weighing on my mind that seemed they could not be resolved. I have prayed about them, and almost every time the problems have been solved by the end of the day. Also, I have realized that sometimes what I want is not the best thing for me, and I need to be able to take no for an answer. I can't remember where I read it, but I saw a quote saying that the Lord has three answers to our prayers: 1) Yes, 2) Not right now, and 3) I have something better in mind. Looking back on my life, and especially this past year, I see that so much. Things that I thought I couldn't live without turned out to be the things that were holding me back.

3) Getting a pillowtop mattress. I know this is lame, but I love my bed so much. As much as I love traveling I am always excited to come home, even if it is just to sleep in my bed. If I could figure out a way to live in my bed, I would totally do it.

4) Speaking of coming home! I got to go so many fun places this year. California, Utah, and Mexico were great, but even small trips to Austin and Houston were so much fun. I still have a huge list of places to go in 2009, including the Dr Pepper factory and a cruise!

5) Moving to a ground campus. I know this probably should go under number one of moving to San Antonio, but I feel that they are separate. Having the opportunity to look in to the eyes of my students has made my job so much more real to me. I liked my job before, but now I love it. I really feel that I am changing lives. I cannot wait for commencement in January, it's going to be the biggest motivator to keep working hard!

6) More confidence in myself. This kind of ties into number two, but I feel now like I can do anything. Bring it on life. I can handle hard things!

There are so many other great things that happened in 2008, but these are those I consider my defining moments. I can't wait to make 2009 even better!

No comments: