Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nesting, Part Dos



Once I got started with the plates, I felt like I was on a roll (oh great, now I want rolls...) so I decided to start on my next project. I actually thought of this project myself! I was inspired by the pictures we took for my parents for Christmas (Jalenna, you're awesome!), but the actual idea came from yours truly!

I had a bunch of frames from Ikea that I used at the wedding recep
tion, so I bought some scrapbook paper in colors I liked. I looked for stencils at Micheals, but I couldn't find any that were the right size, so I just printed out big letters in Word in a font I liked.

I was really happy with the first draft. (Sorry you can't really see it, the lighting made it hard to get a good shot.)

Until Steve pointed out that all the letters in white spelled out ALF. Then I couldn't see anything but that... So I took them all down and redid everything in the tan color.
You can't tell in this picture, but the tan has a pattern on it. I miss the green, so I might layer it on the tan. But probably not. Because, let's face it, its on the wall already and the chances of them coming down are slim to none!

The best part of this: the price.
Frames: Free, since I bought them a year ago, but they are 4/$1 at Ikea.
Paper: 4 sheets, $1.20 (the brown sheet was on sale for $0.01!)
Double sided tape: Free- it's been in the house forever.

No comments: