Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ode to Ikea

I got to go to Ikea today! It was way fun, I forgot how much I missed shopping there. Surprisingly, most of my money was spent on the way home at a Circuit City. Those going out of business sales are killer!

So, I wish I were cool and could write a little poem about Ikea, but I'm not, so as usual I will just make a list of things I love!

1) The first time I went to Ikea I found a kitchen that I swear was made just for me. I honestly almost cried when I saw it. It was so perfect. As other floor plans changed, the kitchen always stayed the same, for almost two years. It might still be there, for all I know.

2) You can touch everything in the store and actually visualize how it would look in your home. Also, you get to look at other people's ideas and then incorporate them!

3) They put so much work into putting the model homes together. There are clothes in the closets, books in the bookshelves. I really feel like I am walking through someone's home.

4) The cafe. I love Swedish meatballs! The cake we had today was especially amazing!

5) Everything fits in flat boxes, which means people with tiny cars like me can still bring home a huge dresser!

6) Cheap frames. Their frames are unbeatable, and they have plastic instead of glass, which is more resistant to shattering (a good thing when you are clumsy like me!)

7) You have to buy the bags. It makes me feel like I am helping the environment.

8) All the Swedish words. I feel like I am getting an international experience along with cheap textiles!

9) There are about a hundred more things, but as this has to potential to be the most boring blog ever thought of, and I'm really tired, I'm going to bed!

No comments: