Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Deep Thoughts and Bookshelves

It hit me today. As I was trying to get my lazy buns out of bed, get dressed and out the door, I realized that my dream job will be in training. I then realized two things:

1) I am probably in the wrong masters program. I should probably be in Adult Education and Training.
2) I will probably have to leave the company, or the campus.
3) (I know I said there were only two things, but my motto is underpromise and overperform) I do not want to do either of those two things.

As I was running down the stairs looking for my keys and shoes, I was hit with a wave of sadness. I realized how much I loved living in my house, I loved San Antonio, and I loved this campus. I feel like I am at a turning point, like the decision I am going to make now is going to have an effect on the rest of my life. I'm scared that I will let my comfort level here make the decision for me, and not make the decision that will be the best in the long run.

On a lighter note, I went to Ikea this weekend! It was amazing! For those of you that are keeping score, that would be two trips in three weeks. I might have a bit of an Ikea problem... Well, I got a bookshelf! The one I had wanted for almost two years but couldn't justify spending $89 for. I realized if I put it on it's side it will be the perfect place for my new TV! $89 for a TV stand is a steal! So I get it home, and get ready to put it together. Three pieces are missing!! I call Ikea, and they kindly inform me that they will be happy to replace my parts as soon as I come into the store. As much as I love Ikea, I didn't want to make another three hour drive, so I asked if they could ship it. Yes, they say, it will arrive in 10-14 days. That is so long!!!! I'm hoping that they are telling me it will take longer than it actually will (another great example of underpromise and overperform!) but in the meantime I have a stack of boards in the corner of the living room, and a stack of sadness in the corner of my heart.

No comments: