Sunday, February 3, 2013

Counting Them One by One

Pregnancy has given me a new respect for people with chronic illnesses. Feeling bad and not being able to do anything about it is one of the worst feelings. Of course, the difference is eventually this baby will be born (even though sometimes I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever!!) and people with chronic pain have no end in sight! I really can't imagine how to deal with that, and I hope I never have to find out.

Every time I think I can't deal with being uncomfortable for another minute, I make myself count my blessings. I remember how bad I wanted a baby. I think how grateful I am to have access to prenatal care. I remember that most people don't have the luxury of working from home (I saw a huge pregnant waitress last night. I can't even imagine...). I am thankful for my back massager and recliner and lumbar pillow that help me get a little relief. I am thankful that I am able to carry Baby full term. I am grateful to have an amazing, hard working husband who picks up all my slack. I think about all the women out there who are still struggling with infertility and would give everything they have to be in my shoes.

See? I'm feeling better already.

No comments: