Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why Say No, When it Feels So Good To Say Yes

I know this will come as no surprise to those who know me, but I have a hard time saying "no". Not that I say yes to things that I really don't want to do, that it no problem, it's that I actually, genuinely, want to do just about everything! Going to see a movie? Count me in! Need help with moving? I'm there! Going to breakfast/lunch/dinner somewhere? Call me! The problem is that I do not think, while I am giving resounding yeses to everyone around me, of my already full calendar. I never think to pull it out before agreeing to something, and make sure I don't have something else planned the same night. This has caused more than a little grief and loss of sleep for me in the past, but I never seem to learn my lesson.

I'm trying to take this as a positive. Hopefully it is only teaching me to manage my time more effectively. Maybe at some point in my life I will need the skill of juggling an insane amount of work, and it will be no sweat.

In more exciting and less whiny news, I am significantly blonder than I was two days ago! I got my hair done again, and I am remembering why I love the lightness!

No comments: