Monday, December 15, 2008

The Joy of a Winter Coat

I can't believe I am going to say this, but I bought a winter coat (my first ever) and I actually can stand the cold. I don't enjoy it, but I can make it through. I won't die. I've lost the urge to pack up and move back to the desert. Now all I need is gloves and a hat and I'm golden!

In unrelated news:

I officially love the Christmas season! All of my students have been especially pleasant, and today at work they had holiday music playing in the lobby, and free hot chocolate and treats for everyone. People were just so happy, and I was once again overwhelmed with how great my life is. I have had that experience a lot since I moved here. There are so many amazing things going on in my life that even at my worst I find it difficult not to be grateful. I have been blessed beyond anything that I deserve. I have been thinking lately about how far I have come in the last few years. I was reading through some emails that I sent to friends when I was in college, and they are laughable. Not only have my writing skills improved considerably (thank you, grad school!) but things that I thought were important seem so trivial now. I can see how all of the trials that I went through helped me to become the person that I am now. I am so grateful to the Lord, and just hope that he sticks with me through my struggles now so I can become even better.

No comments: