Monday, December 8, 2008

Back to School

As much as I enjoyed the last five months of doing whatever I wanted, I decided it was time to start doing something with my life again. So I started school last week. I always the the beginnings of things, when everything is new and excited and people haven't started complaining yet. With school starting I thought it was time to put myself back on a schedule, something I did obsessively during my undergrad. I really feel like it helps me get more accomplished, and I don't forget as many things. I've only been on my schedule for two days, and I am already remembering why I love it so much. I love to be busy! I don't want to look back on my life and see that I wasted all of it with meaningless TV watching, nap taking, and shopping. Ok, maybe not shopping... I see so many people around me who seem to do the same things over and over and not really get anywhere. I know you can never tell what is going in the life of another person, they may be making giant leaps and bounds of progress that I see nothing of, but I want to be able to measure my progress. But the funny thing is, one of the things I like so much about being on a schedule, is that every once in a while I get to blow everything off and do whatever I want for a while. What is the fun of goofing off if all you do is goof?

No comments: