Friday, July 26, 2013

Twenty-Nine

I turned twenty-nine this week! I can't believe it. It's not that I think twenty-nine is old, but I still feel twenty-two most of the time!! It still freaks me out a little bit that I'm doing adult things. I'm married, have a baby and own a home. Shouldn't I have passed a test or something before someone let me do this?? I really feel like I'm going to get life audited someday and they will realize I've just been pretending to be responsible this whole time. 

I've also realized there are some important life skills a thirty year old should have that I am lacking:

- Putting my hair in a french twist. I've tried to learn before, but this time I'm serious. Seriously. 
-  Keeping the floor clean for more than two days. What is so hard about vacuuming? Nothing. Nothing is hard about it. But I still don't do it consistently enough. 
- Remembering to take my car for an oil change/tire rotation/tune up. Actually, scratch that. I got married so I wouldn't have to think about that. Don't worry. There were other reasons too. 
- Not freaking out when I see a bug. Seriously, what do I think is going to happen? It's a bug, not a bomb. Hit it with a shoe and move on with your life woman!!

So if you need me in the next twelve months, you know where I'll be. In the bathroom watching youtube videos and practicing my french twist. Because that's what grown ups do. 

No comments: