Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stick to the Plan

I decided a long time ago that when I had a baby I would do everything in my power to stay home with her. Steve and I made financial decisions based on that choice. It was part of our plan. But then I had Jules and all of the sudden I didn't know what to do. I agonized about still working, working part time, working as a freelancer. I finally decided to quit. I knew I was making the right choice, but I would still think about going back to work almost every day.

Then I realized. I need to stop making the same decision over and over. I had a plan, and now I need to stick to it. Making the decision over and over to stay home was keeping me from really being happy in my new phase in life.

I am not a decisive person, and I think I do this to myself a lot. I like to plan ahead, and I decide in advance what the best choice is, but then when it comes time to execute the plan, I have second (and third and fourth) thoughts. It is good to be flexible and roll with the punches, but most of the time I just need to stick to the plan.

No comments: