Sunday, February 19, 2012

Community Gardening

In my dream life, I am an expert gardener, and I grow tons of delicious veggies and then can them, so we can enjoy them year round.

Well, actually, in my dream life I have millions of dollars and pay people to do stuff like that for me, but that's never going to happen.

So in my realistic, possibly could happen dream life, I am an expert gardener, and I grow tons of delicious veggies and then can them, so we can enjoy them year round.

In reality, I kill plants. A lot of them. All the time. But I still really want to be a gardener! Lucky for me, our apartment has a community garden, and the person who runs it is a Master Gardener! So while I might end up killing all the plants, I still get to learn from someone who actually knows what they are doing!

Two weeks ago, I planted tomatoes (both cherry and regular), jalepenos, swiss chard, onions, and I left a spot for squash that will be planted in another month or so!

What does my new garden look like, you ask? Click here! My bed is the first one on the right. But don't worry, it has more plants in it now!

No comments: