Sunday, August 9, 2009

On the Road Again

I am in the airport, after another vacation/work trip to Phoenix. This vacation/training was perfect timing for me. I really needed a vacation, but didn't have much time off, and the way this worked out, I basically got a five day vacation, and only have to submit for 4 hours!! It was a total blast, and very relaxing, but I'm pretty sure I gained 10 pounds!! I sure do miss the restaurants here... I also miss the shopping. I went to Goodwill with my cousin after lunch on Saturday. The Goodwill's in San Antonio are dirty, smelly, and have next to nothing. They also do not have 50% of Saturdays. I do not shop there. The Goodwill here was amazing! I tried on a ton of clothes, but after discovering that it was not 50% off Saturday (they happen every other weekend) I decided that $9.99 was too much for a used dress, but I did score two extremely cute pairs of shoes for less than $15 (and that included two bottles of water! It's very important to stay hydrated when in the desert!). The only struggle was trying to pack them this morning... But I succeeded!

I feel like I am at a turning point right now, like the decisions that I am making now are going to be those that will affect me forever. Strangely, I don't feel any pressure like I usually would. I feel very calm, and confident that everything is going to work out. I think that's a good sign.

No comments: