Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Relief?

I found out today I didn't get the job in Phoenix. I was a little sad, it's never nice to be told that someone didn't want you, but I felt pretty good about it, once my wounded pride stopped smarting. It felt a lot like when I didn't get into the grad school I wanted to go to. That very night, my cousin randomly called and told me about UOPX, and told me I should apply there. Things really fell in to place for me after that, and I think it's one of the best things I have done. Plus, now I don't have to make a decision, it was pretty much made for me! I feel like I have been holding by breath for the last month, and now I can finally exhale. A good feeling!

In other news, I have not been grocery shopping in a very long time (emphasis on VERY) and so I am eating a loaf of store bought bread that I got for our trip to the beach (which was AMAZING, btw!) and it is so gross! I remember now why I started making my own bread! Which made me pretty proud of myself. I make bread! How cool is that??

Tomorrow I turn 25. I'm pretty much over the freak-out stage, especially since I feel more direction now that I know I am staying here. Everyone has been so nice about my birthday. My amazing roommate is making me a breakfast that looked amazing even in the prep stages (and I wonder why I have put on weight lately??) and my coworkers are planning something, but I'm not quite sure what. They did ask what my favorite color was, and mentioned something about a tiara. I feel like a huge brat, but I love my birthday, and love making a big deal out of it! I always laugh at people that get mad when friends/family forget their birthdays. No one in the history of the Earth has ever forgotten my birthday. Possibly because I start a countdown at least a month before, and be sure everyone knows my shoe size, just in case they get the urge to get me a little something :) All of this is just another reminder of how amazing my life is, and how blessed I am in every aspect of my life!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Guess what? Your insurance will go down (at least it should) since you turned 25. I called my insurance agent and got that discount put on right away! :) You are spoiled! I hope none of your siblings ever get married on your birthday... already (by breakfast time, anyways) you had a better bday than mine. :) Enjoy it cause it's your one day!