Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Peaches, Green Chile and Erasers

We had our first thing stuck up the nose experience yesterday! I honestly never thought it would happen.

I was in the kitchen making dinner when Jules came in and told me something. I couldn't understand her, so I just put on Sofia the First to entertain her while I was cooking (yep, I'm expecting my Mom of the Year award any day now!!). A few minutes later she came back looking a little panicked, and somehow I figured out that she had a pencil eraser in her nose. I tried to get it out, but was unsuccessful. Of course, this was at 5:03, and our Dr office closes at 5! I didn't want to wait until morning, so off to urgent care we went.

It only took them a few minutes to get it out, and Jules was totally calm the whole time. She got a Sofia sticker and two suckers for her trouble! Hopefully she didn't learn that when she sticks things in her nose she gets candy...

Oh, and if you're wondering what would happen if you canned 25 pounds of peaches, and then skinned and seeded 25 pounds of roasted chile, started dinner, and then went to urgent care before you cleaned up...


Now you know. You're welcome.

No comments: