Thursday, June 16, 2011

News Flash- New Car!

This last weekend was an exciting one at the Ratliff's! I kicked it off on Friday by my making my own laundry soap, we got a new car on Saturday, and Sunday our toilet exploded (I don't think I've ever been happier we rented!! We called the emergency maintenance, sat tight, and they came and fixed it!).

I used to drive a 2002 Sebring. Her name was Lola (L-O-L-A Lola, Lo-lo-lo-lo Lola) I loved that car, it was so fun to drive, and was a symbol of my independence. It was the most expensive thing I had ever bought, and I was so proud that paid for it with my own money! There was just one problem: it was a girl car. Poor Steve hated getting in and out of it, and having a two door car just wasn't working for us anymore. 

We had been saving for a few months, and decided that this was the weekend! We did a lot of research before and decided that a Ford Fusion would be the best decision for us, then we found three dealerships that had car that met our needs. I was really nervous to go to a car dealership, I wanted to make a good, sensible decision and not fall in love with the first shiny thing I saw. We only ended up going to two places, the first place offered us a really good deal, but we still wanted to see what else was out there. As soon as I got into the second car, I knew I wanted it. It had all the features I wanted, plus a lot more. But it was just out of our price range. Luckily Steve was a champ at bargaining, and he got them to give us $2800 for my car (we were only expecting $1500)! With that and our down payment, we only had to finance about a third of the car's worth.

I thought I would feel a little sad driving away from good ol' Lola, but I wasn't at all. That new car smell wiped away any sadness I might have felt. I am so fickle!! 

I'm still figuring out how to use all the features, but I am loving it! We haven't decided on a name, so if you have a suggestion, let me know!
2010 Fusion
Our, as yet, unnamed 2010 Ford Fusion- if you enlarge this picture, you can see Steve making a funny face in the drivers seat. He is such a ham!!

No comments: